Today, we published our 2016 annual report, which gives an overview of the work our office did last calendar year.
- We regulated nearly 2,400 companies and 164,000 licensees.
- We collected $534.7 million in premium taxes from insurance companies.
- Of that amount, $521 million went to the state general fund to support K-12 education, higher education, human services and general government operations.
- We fielded nearly 8,000 consumer complaints and helped recover $11.3 million related to billings and claims.
- Answered more than 67,000 calls to our consumer hotline.
- Helped more than 83,000 people with one-on-one health insurance counseling through our SHIBA program.